The Port Authority of Alicante, like the other Port Authorities, is governed by Royal Legislative Decree 2/2011, of 5 September, which approves the Consolidated Text of the Law on State Ports and the Merchant Navy.
The Port Authority of Alicante is a public body within the meaning of Article 2(1)(g) of the General Budgetary Law, with its own legal personality and assets, as well as full capacity to act.
It depends on the Ministry of Mobility, Transport and Urban Agenda, through Puertos del Estado, which is governed by its specific regulations, by the provisions of the General Budgetary Law and by the provisions of the General Budgetary Law that are applicable to it.
Budgetary Law applicable to it and, additionally, by Law 40/2015, of 1 October, on the Legal Regime of the Public Sector.
Powers of the Port Authority of Alicante.
The Port Authority of Alicante has the following powers:
- The provision of general services, as well as the management and control of port services to ensure that they are carried out under optimum conditions of efficiency, economy, productivity and safety, without prejudice to the competence of other bodies.
- The development of the port service area and port uses, in coordination with the competent Administrations in matters of territorial planning and town planning.
- The management of the port public domain and maritime signals assigned to them.
- The optimisation of economic management and the profitability of the assets and resources assigned to them.
- The promotion of industrial and commercial activities related to maritime or port traffic.
- Coordination of the operations of the different modes of transport in the port area.
- The organisation and coordination of port traffic, both maritime and land.